Wednesday, December 3, 2008

i am soooo crabby.

This is what I woke up to listen to:
For Program On: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 6:00 AM
Is there really a War Against Christmas? Joy Cardin's guest, after six, says there is... and we lose a lot when we celebrate a generic holiday at Christmas time. Guest: Tom Piatak (PIE-uh-tack), Contributing Editor, Chronicles Magazine. His piece on the War Against Christmas appears in the December edition.
Okay. Here we go.
1. You have got to be fucking kidding me. You are seriously up in arms about schools not having their students sing Christmas carols? Can you not sing them at home? Or in church? Does everything you do need to be validated in public spaces?
2. You're going to call it a war when there is an actual war going on? How fucking insulting.
3. Is it about Christ or not? Because I'm getting mixed messages. I keep hearing about how we need to keep Christ in Christmas, but then I hear that people, regardless of their religious beliefs, often still celebrate Christmas. If you want to keep it religious, then No. You cannot have public dollars funding this crap. If you want to get rid of the Christ, then that's another story. Which do you little bastards want?
4. If what you're concerned about is the "true spirit" of Christmas (and by this I mean Jesus, even though the actual date has more to do with the solstice than any virgin birth), it seems to me that the most effective method would be to limit this celebration to those who really believe in it, as opposed to wanting everyone of all religious faiths to celebrate it and taint it with shit like mindless consumerism. But what do I know?


This is what I catch on TV when I watch stupid morning programs:


1. Did you see the look on your 17 OTHER kids' faces when you basically told them that you would have even less time for them?
2. Totally cool, man. I know that there is a limit on the number of offspring one can have in China because of overpopulation, but you're doing it for god, so that makes it okay. And that thing about the environment and how American's eat up the world's resources at a mindblowingly disproportionate rate? Whatevs. It's for god.
3. Your name is f'ing Jim Bob? Could you be more cliche?

1 comment:

Little Ms Whatshertights said...

Thank you! I too cannot get over the Joy Cardin segment this morning starring all the douchiest douchebags in Wisconsin.

You are right on the mark and I especially like point #2. Calling this "war" on x-mas is totally fucking insulting. The fuckers that called in were really caught up in the "poor me" and "I'm a victim" discourse WHEN, in fact, they are among the most dominant, privileged, and powerful in the world. FUCK THAT!! I hate it.

But I love you. And I love Tina Turnovers too.